Monday 30 May 2011

Mondays!

For those who don’t know me I must say I’m one of those millions of Brazilians living in the UK. One of the greatest opportunities of having this amazing chance of studying in one of the bests universities of the world is to meet people from all over the world, to build relations and to live a different culture.  Earlier today I decided to create my first blog ever, called ‘Miscellaneous by Bia Milliet’, where I’m writing in Portuguese, sharing some thoughts and experiences I’ve gone through here. And as soon as I published my first post, I’ve got messages from friends who don’t speak Portuguese (I cannot blame them) saying that they also wanted to know about my thoughts. So, here I am, (trying) to put in English words some pieces of my soul and mind. And that’s how the More Miscellaneous by Bia Milliet’ was born, just few hours after its ‘older brother’ was created.
I would like to make clear from the very begging (and I will repeat this A LOT), that I’m aware of my language limitations, that I might make mistakes here and that I’ll probably be misunderstood sometimes, when the language barrier takes the lead. On the other hand, I would like to take this opportunity to say that I’ll do my best to not hurt the English language and to write as better (and understandable) as possible in every single post
The whole idea of having a blog is, for me, to share thoughts and ideas. ‘Blogging’ is for me a way to make public my beliefs, doubts and theories. Because of that I’d like to use this first post to share an idea of mine, something I truly believe in and that I think its worth to spread around:
I like Mondays! Mondays are for me like a little ‘New Year’ every week. I believe that every Monday we have our whole new chance to do things better, to improve our results, to leave useless habits behind and to embrace opportunities with no fears. Of course I have a terrible time fighting against the alarm clock every Monday morning; of course I would love to avoid all the bad mood faces in the tube, while I crowd for a chance to get on the train. I’m not saying I pray for the Monday to come during the Friday night. What I mean is that I think it is amazing to have the chance of a new start every single week. The energetic feeling of getting things done, achieving goals and changing harmful habits are so appealing to me that I just can’t understand why Garfield hates Mondays so much.
And all I would like to do in the end of this bank holiday Monday is to invite everyone to think positively and to start facing Mondays as a bless, not a curse. Think of Mondays as a start, and not an end. Let’s embrace all Mondays as we should embrace a challenging opportunity and not as painful bloody obligation. Let’s face Mondays with a smile and we will all realise that life will get easier and improvements will be come.
Happy New Monday, everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Miga!!!!!!! Adorei!!!
    Voce vai ver que delicia de companhia que é escrever e passar o dia pensando em novidades para postar! É MUITO gostoso! Bem vinda!!!!!!

    Bjks, C

    ReplyDelete